Proving Grounds Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D Empty sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

Post  hoikam EXE Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:41 am

So as I take the first post in this fresh section....
Basically, I'm a broke *** that needs to make some money, and I build computers for fun, so I got a ton of parts that id really like to get rid of. Seriously, I'll even install them for you with a full check up and all.

So if you need a quick easy cheap upgrade for your old "clunker" or just need some kind of check-up without spending big bucks on geek squad, id be more then happy to help you out. (This would look great on a resume for a tech job Very Happy)

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D Empty Re: sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

Post  Rotendo Sun May 01, 2011 10:15 am

Well, now that you mention it... I'm too busy to build another gaming rig and I want an Emulator for the KTB. I'm looking to get a barebone pc capable of running the latest version of M.A.M.E. running mostly fighting game roms with the MALA interface (with KTB images and such <this can be provided) I have .chd files to run KI and KI2, but do not have anything for 3S. I have pretty much all the other CPSII roms, but I lack NeoGeo roms for the SNK games (I think, not 100% sure).

I too have some spare parts to use if that'll help, but for something like that, what can you do for KTB?

-Rotendo

Rotendo

http://ktownbrawlers.com

Back to top Go down

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D Empty Re: sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

Post  hoikam EXE Sun May 01, 2011 10:30 pm

I can do a whole build it that's what your asking.
I don't have enough spare parts to build a whole rig.

I only need a hard drive I think, if you only need a barebone computer.
You might need a graphics card cause idk if the onboard is any good for gaming, I always had a great card to use. Very Happy

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 am

Cool... I have a few graphic cards laying around and an HDD is pretty cheap.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Mon May 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Sweet, and I think I have my windows xp O.S sitting around somewhere... I hope.
I can't seem to find it as of late.

Would xp be ok though?
Vista really isn't a good operating system for gaming.
And I don't have windows 7 till I build my new rig

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Mon May 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah, that's work best IMO.

At work, we have our MAME cab running on XP and it plays 3S flawlessly.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Tue May 03, 2011 1:12 am

Alright! Well id love to do this build for KTB then. Lol

Hmmm, I'll start putting what I have on my end together and bring it to PG so we can finish it sometime.
You gonna be there Friday?

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Tue May 03, 2011 1:20 am

I'm working overtime all week. 12 hour days and Friday is my daughter's birthday so... no, lol. This weekend I'll be in Dallas.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Tue May 03, 2011 1:26 am

Lol, well maybe a day when your off?
Just let me know when you get the hard drive I guess and I'll have my stuff all set to go.

Where do you work if I may ask?
12 hour days sounds rough

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Tue May 03, 2011 1:34 am

Usually the weekends. I work in gaming industry. BioWare. Heard of them before? We have a studio here in Austin. My contract is ending this month, but I got an interview with Certain Affinity on Friday. Certain Affinity was form by ex-Bungie employees and they at headquartered here in Austin. Most of their work have been map packs for Halo and CoD.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Tue May 03, 2011 1:41 am

Did I say work? Nah, that's a passion!
You have the dreams of many. Lol

I love halo, so if you get to work with ex-bungie emoployees, that's pretty sweet.
I heard of bioware, they made mass effect. I love that game too, lol.

I'd love to work in the gaming industry. =O

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 am

Yup, I know. Wink Many people want to work at GameStop too... it was a great gig, but I really didn't feel the retail aspect of it.

I'm looking forward to the interview and hanging out with them. They're treating me to lunch too. I got many stories, but would be better telling about in person.

We've been playing tag on the PG forums... seems like we're the only two keeping this forum alive, lol.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Tue May 03, 2011 2:02 am

Lol, cool. I had an interview at gamestop a few days ago, so I'm really hoping to get a call for a formal interview soon! I currently work for mcdonalds...... shame. king

Yea, seems like it. Maybe people will start posting too if they see a lively forum.
I'm just on my phone making these posts too. So I'm checking here quite often

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Tue May 03, 2011 9:32 am

Which GameStop? 300, the mall store? There isn't much payroll, but if I had to take a guess, it would be either the mall store or the one on base.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Tue May 03, 2011 10:28 am

The gamestop in the mall.
Even if the pay is low, its better than mcdonalds...

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Tue May 03, 2011 10:36 am

Who interviewed you? That's my wife's store. Stacy, but she was having a lot of health issues, so the DM decided that it was in the best interest of them and her to place her on indefinite medical leave... sucks because she really loved that store, but yeah... now you know. That staff is somewhat lazy. Whenever Stacy was off or in the hospital, performance dropped and s hit never got done. Tara sucks as an ASM (nothing against her, she's cool people, but NOT a manager at all) Josh is cool, the new manager use to manage a Blockbuster and I've met him too. He's good to go. Shereen works at KHS and GameStop, one of their best SGAs.

You'll be working part-time (ALL POSITIONS ARE PART TIME) meaning you'll be lucky to get 8 hours/week @ minimum wage. Well... good luck... to be honest with you. If you didn't get an offer after the interview or told that they were scheduling you an interview with another manager or say they'll call you, you probably didnt get hired, bro.

Its how GameStop is.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  ComBak Tue May 03, 2011 12:48 pm

yea ive been trying to get a job with gamestop yet i guess they dont like that i know too much about games but alas oh well
ComBak
ComBak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Knowing too much about games isn't going to get you hired. As much as people misconstrue that employees know their shit when it comes to the latest games and systems... they care more about your ability to work, organize, speediness at the register, and your ability to sell. Its retail after all. You can't perform, they don't need you. I could care less how much you 'THINK' you know, if you can sell product and are able to get them to buy more shit, plus reserve games and buy subscriptions to GI, then you're a keeper. That and your availability. I am not going to hire someone if they can only work 3 days out the week, and NOT the weekend. Fri, Sat, Sun are the busiest days and if you aren't available, you're not getting hired.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  ComBak Tue May 03, 2011 2:50 pm

i know that it was a joke...i know that the employer needs you to perform the tasks given to make the business better and profit
ComBak
ComBak

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Tue May 03, 2011 4:57 pm

I think its was jeremy who interviewed me.
He said he'd give me a call for a formal interview.
I told him I was competitive at about everything, so he should get the clue that I WILL make sales. Lol

Also, I have two people that work there that recommended me for the job.

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  ComBak Wed May 04, 2011 12:04 am

i will work hard at any job that i get but also like to try out selling since im not very proficient in talking to people into buying things but thats why i got to start somewhere
ComBak
ComBak

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Wed May 04, 2011 12:53 am

Well, my friends say I have an asian button, where I can go clutch whenever I wish.
And they also say I have luck and consitency, so I'm consitently lucky.
...I'm sure I can make sales. =D
I get random people to do almost anything. Lol
Its to the point where some of my friends don't question me cause they know I'll be right even if its a guess...

I once watched a friend play dead space 2 when it came out, and told him everything that was going to happen before it happened. As if I WAS the strategy guide or something. Shocked

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 am

Recommendations are good... but it doesn't mean shit if its coming from someone that doesn't have a solid background or are in 'good standing'.

Jeremy is the new Store Manager (taking over for my wife, Stacy) at #300. Who recommended you? When was the interview again? I didn't bother to go back to that post.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 am

I was recommended by shereen and josh. The interview was last Tuesday I think.
Seems like you don't want me working at gamestop or something. T_T

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Wed May 04, 2011 11:09 am

HAHAHAHA, I know both of them. You know them personally too, or are you a customer that they would recommend to work there?

No, I'm all about helping people land jobs. You can ask anyone... except Combak, cuz he's a shitbird, but other than that I've looked over resumes and everything. I know the questions they/I would ask AND the answers you should give them.

Paul: You know I'm just playing, bro.

-Rotendo

If you want Hoik, send me your resume @ rotendo(dot)playsgames(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll look it over for you... free of charge!

Rotendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next