Proving Grounds Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D - Page 2 Empty Re: sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

Post  hoikam EXE Wed May 04, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm just a frequent customer that they know really well.
It was a job fair thingy so I didn't need to give a resume, although I do have a good resume on the computer... that died....

He asked weird questions after a few basic ones. One of the weird ones was "what's your favorite game of all time?"
Ummmm, wasn't expecting that during an interview! Shocked

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D - Page 2 Empty Re: sweets! computers parts for sale with free install! =D

Post  Rotendo Thu May 05, 2011 12:51 am

LMAO! Not get to Jeremy and shit... but he has never worked or GameStop before. He is new to the gaming retail world and was hired based on his 'retail like' experience working over at Blockbuster as an SM, so they (GameStop) hired him as an ASM... which was weird because usually GameStop hires any type of management position from within. It is very rare that they hire someone outside of GameStop to the position of ASM/SM because they have no experience with gaming retail nor the operation side of the house. Yes, he's bee training with Ametria (the previous Store Manager for that store before Stacy took over when Ametria took over the store on base) but getting back to your interview...

He pretty much went by the interview cheat sheet, which had that question on it. You're pretty much screwed because I think that GA/SGA interview sheet is biased, because it has questions pertaining to experience and such and will leave huge blanks that stand out.

I personally used more job oriented question, coupled with a few of the ones on the sheet, plus the resume to base a decision when hiring someone for my store.

He's a new Store Manager and on top of that... has no experience running a GameStop store and has barely been with the company, but I do know that Bill (the District Manager) wanted that store to host a job fair... not sure why, because they do not have the payroll to hire anyone, but it sounds like it came down from the Regional Director and Corporate.

Like I said... good luck, man. I'd be looking elsewhere though. Spencer's seems to be always hiring and it wouldn't hurt to try other retail stores in the mall.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

http://ktownbrawlers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Thu May 05, 2011 1:23 am

I knew it was just too weird to ask that during an interview!!
Well it seems like I got interviewed by the wrong person... lame
I guess I'll try spencers, its right next to gamestop! =D

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 am

Yeah... honestly... people don't like working at GameStop much... well it depends on the store, the manager and the staff. It WAS an okay store, but since they made Stacy go on medical leavel, people got upset, performance has dropped, and people are leaving... so that store is going to suck ass, and it is already looking like shit.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

http://ktownbrawlers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hoikam EXE Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 am

That's why they need to hire better new employees and not slouchy looking people like some of the others I saw there...

hoikam EXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2