Proving Grounds Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Own Tier List :]

2 posters

Go down

My Own Tier List :] Empty My Own Tier List :]

Post  Frozen Rice Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 am

Ok ok ok... I know tier list are stupid, are usually up for debate, and much whining such as "tier whoring"; however, I feel like they play a big part in match-ups. I'd like to give my version of the tier of MvC3, and giving i will be giving a three-part tier list: Anchor Tier, (How a character handles themselves as the final standing member of the team.) Team Tier, (How a Character plays with a team.) and Assist Tier (Self-Explanatory)

Let's Start with Assist Tier:

Now, I rate characters on invulnerablity, recovery, and usefulness. I will be explaining at the end.

Tier S:
Tron (Gustaff Fire)
Haggar (Lariot)
Akuma (Tatsumaki Zankuyaku)
Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)
Amaterasu (Cold Star)

Now the Explanation: Now look look look... lol I know how much you guys hate tron and haggar assist and that is the reason why they are considered S tier.

Tron: For the love of god I love this assist for 2 reasons: Invulnerability on start up and very hard to punish. But you can punish it but there are certain objectives to doing so. Tron assist against projectile equals bad news...

Haggar: Now, this is great assist because of the fact that he is completely invincible while he is spinning! I mean completely!!! Try hitting him with a super... Bet he keeps spinning; however, there are 2 flaws to this assist. Once he stops, he is open season... Also, he loses health... Meaning you have to be smart just shooting out this assist. The MAYOR deserves S tier 2nd spot.

Akuma: This assist is annoying!!! Twisted Evil You can hold peeps into corner and completely dominate the stage with this assist too. Interrupts combos and lets you (or your opponent) with a free launch. The thing is once you are in block stun to this pain, you are stuck to guess what your opponent will do because of how long this assist lasts, and there is no way to punish once its done. But there is hope to hurting Mr:Akuma... Just attack him b4 he starts spinning! He has a start-up so he can be hurt bad. But a very deadly assist none-the-less.

Morrigan: Hahaha!!! How I hate this assist! She gives 25% boost in meter and she comes out so fast that she leaves soon as she comes... I mean WTF!!!! So great.

Amaterasu: Now this is a very versatile assist. Use it for defense. Use it for offense. Use it to keep the pressure. What's great about this assist in my opinion is the fact that it punishes alot of assists, and it covers the middle of the screen pretty well too. The flaw... She has quite a start-up :[

That is the start of my assist tier... I need to experiment more with other assists to see how they fit in with this tier so its growing. There might be changes.

Please put your inputs and i will throw them in.

Frozen Rice

Back to top Go down

My Own Tier List :] Empty Re: My Own Tier List :]

Post  Rotendo Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:29 am

Frozen Rice wrote:

Now, I rate characters on invulnerablity, recovery, and usefulness. I will be explaining at the end.

Tier S:
Tron (Gustaff Fire)
Haggar (Lariot)
Akuma (Tatsumaki Zankuyaku)
Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)
Amaterasu (Cold Star)

So... this is an 'Assist' tier list, because if it weren't its an awful one based on just their assist properties.

Now, Tron and Haggar aren't completely invincible while they are out because there are a few frames where they can be punished and punished bad (much like any other assist)

Take Haggar for example. He doesn't hit crouching opponents, so you can dash in, and just crouch until he's done with his spinning clothesline then do cr.l/m/h attacks xx launch, etc. Of course, given your opponent is not keeping you in block stun or has jumped over trying to cross you up.

With a point character with an instant beam super can punish these assist easily. Akuma, Ryu, Dormmamu, and Ironman can easily do this coming from the top of my head.

There is no doubt that some of the best assist in the game are: Tron, Haggar, Akuma, Morrigan, Doom, and Chun-li.

Pretty good tier listing... for assists in the game. Though they are mid to low tier on 1 on 1 play with a few exceptions.

-Rotendo

Rotendo

http://ktownbrawlers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frozen Rice Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 am

Now that does make plenty of sense that they aren't completely invincible; however, i did say they can be punished but it is truly hard to. For 2 Reasons... Let's say that you shoot a beam, majority of the time it will go straight through it. I have for one learned that these assists are meant to interrupt combos, and they do quite well doing so. Also, these assist beat plenty of supers! Chun-li is great but not to throw willy nilly bc she is quite punishable. But she is a great assist and i know that she is a def A-tier. Doom's assists are all A tier material. Missile is probably the best and i was considering putting him in S tier but there are so many risks to using it. He can take soooo much damage, and you, the player, might not have taken good use of the missiles coming down. So it has high-risk reward factor. With tron and haggar, i placed them there for the reason is that they cant be punished coming in and your opponent has to time the right time to hit them, but if you are smart with these assists you'll able to have them exit to safety... Plus if they ARE punished they can easily survive bc they have one of the highest HP in the game.

I want to continue this list first because i know this game relies heavily on assists.

How a character fight by themselves will come after this tier list. I think an assist tier plays a big part in this game. I mean MvC2 had strong assists but terribad characters as assists. (captain commando, cyclops, psylock, tron...)

Frozen Rice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotendo Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

What does punishable have to do with where you rank them... assist-wise.

Also... you have yet to confirm that this is really a thread about ASSISTS and has NOTHING to do with an actual tier list.

You should list, in your opinion, the five worst assists (with assist types) in the game. It could even be Haggar with his other two assist types! affraid

Rotendo

http://ktownbrawlers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum